New Column at Humanistic Paganism

I now write a column for Humanistic Paganism--one of the main outlets for the Religious Naturalist community, under the editorial direction of John Halstead. My column is called "The Dionysian Naturalist" and it explores Nature Religions in contemporary North America, including shamanistic practices, reclaimed Paganism, but most specifically Religious Naturalism — a religious approach at the cutting edge of science and religion. Drawing upon the writings of Friedrich Nietzsche, I continue developing a Dionysian Naturalism with a central role for ecstasy and the potential sacramental use of entheogens. Creating rituals and ceremonies to re-sacralize our natural world are particularly important in this time of ecological crisis. I find particular religious significance in the scientific story of evolution and develop liturgy around these themes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Paradox of Epistemic Accumulation When Plausible Ideas Accumulate into Implausible Theories by Wayne Martin Mellinger, Ph.D.

The Ancient Dionysian Rites by Wayne Martin Mellinger, Ph.D.

Radical Faeries as Nature Religion by Wayne Martin Mellinger, Ph.D.